Join the staff at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School, the nation’s first charter school for adults! Our diverse school is a nationally recognized leader in the field of adult basic education and workforce development with a mission to serve the adult immigrant community of Washington, D.C. Our students strive to become invested, productive members of American society who give back to family, community and the workplace. Our school exemplifies excellence in academics and strength in community partnerships within a safe and compassionate learning environment. Our high-achieving adult learners set goals to learn English, earn their GED, become U.S. citizens, or to achieve industry certifications in culinary arts, nursing or technology. The Carlos Rosario School is looking for diverse, multilingual education professionals for a variety of rewarding positions.
The Carlos Rosario School employs over 200 full and part time employees. We have two campuses. The Harvard Street Campus is located in Columbia Heights and the Sonia Gutierrez Campus is located in Eckington. Both are accessible by metro and multiple bus lines.
The Human Resources (HR) Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining human resources policies and procedures affecting all employees of the Carlos Rosario School. The HR Director performs and/or oversees all functions associated with employment law compliance, employee benefit programs, employee relations, training and professional development, and recruiting/hiring. The HR Director will directly supervise 3 staff and will report directly to the Executive Director/CEO.
For more information about responsibilities and requirements, please click here.
To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, resume, and salary requirements to CRIPCS@raffa.com. Communications will be treated with confidence and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. For more information contact James Sunshine at firstname.lastname@example.org
Carlos Rosario School seeks a dynamic and proven leader with a passion for education and service to immigrant communities to head our Sonia Gutierrez campus in the role of School Principal.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School is a pioneer in adult education with a 40 year history and is the nation’s first charter school for adults. We are a nationally recognized leader in the field of adult education and workforce development with a mission to serve the adult immigrant communities of the District of Columbia. Our adult education model exemplifies excellence in academics and strength in community partnerships within a safe and compassionate learning environment. Our student body is composed of high-achieving adult learners who set goals to learn English, earn their GED, become U.S. citizens, achieve industry certifications in culinary arts, nursing or technology and improve their employability skills. Our school operates in two campuses – The Harvard Street Campus (established in 1998) and the Sonia Gutierrez Campus (established in 2013). The Sonia Gutierrez Campus hosts our upper-level ESL students and Career Training Academies.
The Sonia Gutierrez Campus School Principal ensures all students served by the campus achieve their academic and work readiness goals. The ideal candidate is a seasoned educational leader with an innovative vision for adult and immigrant education and a proven ability to effectively lead and inspire teams.
The School Principal ensures that all Sonia Gutierrez Campus students are learning, achieving to their potential and are connected to career pathways in line with the mission of the school. The School Principal serves as the educational leader responsible for effectively implementing and assessing the policies, regulations, and procedures of the campus. The individual also provides expertise in curriculum and assessment development, personnel management, program evaluation, budget management, scheduling as well as preparations for school audits and evaluations for all school programs and services.
Monday-Friday; must be able to work a few evenings per week and occasional weekends.
(1) Cover letter (including how you heard about this job opening)
(2) Curriculum Vitae
Join one of DC’s 2015 Top Workplaces as named by the Washington Post! Please submit a complete application to email@example.com.
To learn more about our school’s work visit: www.carlosrosario.org
Carlos Rosario International Charter School provides comprehensive employee benefits and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School has an opening for a Marketing and Outreach Intern. The Marketing and Outreach Intern will work closely with Registration and Communications Departments to assist with existing student outreach and develop new outreach strategies for recruitment events associated with the Registration Department. The internship is for a 10 month period with possibility of extending into summer 2016, for 20 hours a week (Hours are flexible).
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Coordinate recruitment events throughout the semester. This would include community event participation, postcard and flyer distribution, academy recruitment sessions, open houses and internal school events as needed.
• Conduct basic research to determine best practices and trends in engaging the school’s target population. Reviews prior research done by Communications Department and creates and maintains an advertising calendar for recruitment events associated with the Registration Department.
• Gather data on local newspapers particularly ethnic papers including prices, reach, audience, etc. Gather clips once ads are published.
• Work in coordination with Communications to develop outreach plans for ESL for Families classes, afternoon classes and any other under enrolled classes.
• Work with career academy directors and other school program leads regarding additional outreach needs.
• Keep up to date on new recruitment tools.
• Update and maintain contact information for service providers and community based organizations.
• Research new ways to use social media platforms for student outreach efforts.
• Gain exposure to marketing projects led by Communications Department such as press releases, media outreach, social media campaigns and web development.
• Attend meetings with the Registration Department and Communications as needed.
• Enrolled in or recently graduated from a program in the field of marketing/communications or related (Juniors and seniors with option to get internship credit preferred)
• Experience with the immigrant community in Washington D.C.
• Occasional availability on weekends
• Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
• Superior computer skills and comfort with Microsoft Office programs and other marketing tools
• A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
• Ability to collaborate effectively with a variety of peers and departments and cross-functional teams
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Ability to adhere to all deadlines
• Strong sense of professionalism
• Organized self-starter with a positive attitude
*All teachers are hired on a part time basis to start.
Teaching shifts are:
AM (8:30am – 12:00pm) PM (1:00pm – 4:00pm) EVE (5:30pm – 9:00pm)
The Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School has 3 openings for a part-time tutor:
The tutor instructs students in level appropriate listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. The tutor will use a variety of student-centered instructional techniques to respond to their individual needs.
BA degree preferred
Experience in ESL and Adult Education preferred
Demonstrate knowledge and competence in both ESL and Adult Education
Experience with low-level English
Bilingual(English/Spanish) is preferred but not required
Technology skills required: MS Word and email proficient
The ESL instructor supports the school’s mission by preparing our adult immigrant students to become productive and civically engaged residents of the Washington, DC. The instructor accomplishes this by providing excellent instruction that supports students’ diverse educational backgrounds, learning styles, and English language abilities. The responsibilities of the position include creating materials specific to the assigned level, selecting class textbooks, designing a class syllabus, and writing daily lesson plans to directly address all student needs.
Schedule: 8:30am-11:30am (Monday-Friday), 1pm-4pm(Monday-Friday) and/or 6pm– 9pm (Monday-Thursday)
Location: Sonia Gutierrez/Harvard Street Campus
Please email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.
The Carlos Rosario School offers very competitive salaries and excellent benefits for full time and part time employees including health insurance, retirement benefits, holidays, and a generous annual and sick/personal leave policy.
The Carlos Rosario School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and certain veteran status in its programs and activities.