APPLY NOW! SPRING 2023 CLASSES
The Carlos Rosario School is accepting new applicants for the Spring semester, which begins January 24th. Start your application by adding your name to the Interest List. Add your name HERE to be considered for Spring classes.
Note: the Interest List helps us contact you to complete your application. It is not a waiting list
CLICK HERE TO GET ON THE LIST
- If you add your name to the interest list more than once we will use the most recent entry for your application.
- Please enter your name as it appears on your official ID (Passport, DC ID, State ID, etc.)
- Adding your name to the interest list does not guarantee a space in a class.
Plan for the School – Fall 2022
Click here to learn more about our learning models for the Fall 2022 semester.
General Application Information
Fall Semester – Lottery
The Fall semester starts in September. The lottery only happens for fall semester classes. For classes where there are more applicants than spaces available, the school conducts a lottery so all new applicants have the same chance to enter into their class.
Spring Semester – First-Come First-Served
The Spring semester begins in January. During Spring Registration dates, we serve a limited number of students. Applicants receive an entry ticket when they arrive. Each day the doors close at the scheduled closing time, or when the building reaches capacity. Applicants with entry tickets are served on a First Come First Served basis. First Come First Served also means includes having the proper documents in hand.
Eligibility and Application Process
What is the process for application?
- Sign up on the school Interest List
- A member of our team will contact you within a few weeks to complete an English placement test and confirm your class
- For Career Training, IC3, Small Business English, GED, and Citizenship programs, you will complete additional testing and advising sessions
- If there is space available in your class, you will be registered
What is required to complete registration?
- An official government ID
- A document as proof of DC home address*
- $60 cash or credit for ID & materials fee (Includes Carlos Rosario student I.D. card, laptop loaner, and books);
- COVID Vaccine Card; show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, 2 dose series. A booster dose is not needed to meet this requirement.
- If you are under 26 years old, provide a copy of immunization records
Who may enroll in classes at the school?
Regular classes are open to DC residents who meet one or more of the following Adult Basic Education (ABE) criteria:
- Lack sufficient mastery of basic educational skills to enable them to function effectively in society
- Do not have a certificate of graduation from a school providing secondary education and who has not achieved an equivalent level of education; and/or
- Have limited ability in speaking, reading, writing, or understanding the English language and whose native language is a language other than English
*There may be some classes that are open to non-DC residents. Beyond our tuition-free class offerings, the School also offers special fee-based programs that are open to students, employees and the public, such as Community Language Classes and the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Workshop Series. These programs are usually held on weekends when classes are not in session. These programs do not have the same registration and enrollment requirements as tuition-free classes.
Questions? Read our Lottery FAQs or email firstname.lastname@example.org